Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 3:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 15:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.15 meters/second, 1616.9 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.3"||1004.63 mi||West||0° 11' 21.5"||13.01 mi||South||1004.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 18.9"||769.61 mi||East||4° 36' 41.1"||316.84 mi||South||832.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Thu 4:08 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||SSW|
|Rawaki||Thu 4:08 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||SSW|
|Howland Island||Wed 3:08 AM||940 km||584 miles||507 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:08 AM||942 km||586 miles||509 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:08 AM||1233 km||766 miles||666 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:08 AM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:08 AM||1855 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Thu 5:08 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 3:08 AM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 3:08 AM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.