Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.18 meters/second, 1617.0 kilometres/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.8"||1004.68 mi||West||0° 11' 22.0"||13.02 mi||South||1004.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 33.5"||769.93 mi||East||4° 36' 47.7"||316.97 mi||South||833.17 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Wed 3:32 AM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:32 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Thu 4:32 AM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Thu 4:32 AM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:32 AM||1367 km||850 miles||738 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Thu 3:32 AM||1430 km||889 miles||772 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:32 AM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 3:32 AM||1673 km||1040 miles||903 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Thu 5:32 AM||1840 km||1144 miles||994 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:32 AM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.