Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.18 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.7"||1004.69 mi||West||0° 11' 22.0"||13.02 mi||South||1004.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 35.8"||769.99 mi||East||4° 36' 48.9"||316.99 mi||South||833.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Wed 3:36 AM||305 km||189 miles||165 nm||SSW|
|Kanton Island||Thu 4:36 AM||715 km||445 miles||386 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Thu 4:36 AM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Thu 3:36 AM||1323 km||822 miles||714 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:36 AM||1381 km||858 miles||746 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:36 AM||1396 km||868 miles||754 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Thu 3:36 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Thu 5:36 AM||1858 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:36 AM||1986 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||E|
|Yaren||Thu 3:36 AM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.