Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.19 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.6"||1004.71 mi||West||0° 11' 22.3"||13.02 mi||South||1004.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 41.9"||770.13 mi||East||4° 36' 51.6"||317.04 mi||South||833.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Wed 3:46 AM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:46 AM||292 km||182 miles||158 nm||SSE|
|Kanton Island||Thu 4:46 AM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||SE|
|Tabiteuea||Thu 3:46 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 3:46 AM||1054 km||655 miles||569 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:46 AM||1279 km||795 miles||691 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 3:46 AM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:46 AM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 3:46 AM||1758 km||1092 miles||949 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 5:46 AM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.