Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.25 meters/second, 1617.3 kilometres/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.7"||1004.84 mi||West||0° 11' 23.5"||13.05 mi||South||1004.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 19.3"||770.95 mi||East||4° 37' 07.0"||317.34 mi||South||834.14 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Thu 4:46 AM||342 km||212 miles||185 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 4:46 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 4:46 AM||649 km||403 miles||351 nm||NE|
|Kwajalein||Thu 4:46 AM||701 km||435 miles||378 nm||N|
|Tabiteuea||Thu 4:46 AM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Thu 3:46 AM||1187 km||737 miles||641 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Thu 3:46 AM||1575 km||979 miles||850 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 4:46 AM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Wed 4:46 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Thu 4:46 AM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.