Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 7:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 19:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.36 meters/second, 1617.7 km/hour, 1005.2 miles/hour or 873.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.2"||1005.09 mi||West||0° 11' 26.2"||13.10 mi||South||1005.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 52.6"||772.97 mi||East||4° 37' 39.1"||317.95 mi||South||836.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Thu 4:08 AM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Thu 4:08 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||NNE|
|Sofifi||Thu 4:08 AM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||WSW|
|Ternate||Thu 4:08 AM||688 km||427 miles||371 nm||W|
|Ambon||Thu 4:08 AM||857 km||532 miles||463 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Thu 4:08 AM||947 km||589 miles||511 nm||ESE|
|Manado||Thu 3:08 AM||960 km||597 miles||518 nm||W|
|Colonia||Thu 5:08 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||NNE|
|General Santos||Thu 3:08 AM||1028 km||639 miles||555 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Thu 3:08 AM||1038 km||645 miles||561 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.