Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 7:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 19:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.39 meters/second, 1617.8 km/hour, 1005.3 miles/hour or 873.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 19.3"||1005.16 mi||West||0° 11' 27.1"||13.11 mi||South||1005.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 27.2"||773.71 mi||East||4° 37' 48.7"||318.13 mi||South||836.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gorontalo||Thu 3:58 AM||236 km||147 miles||128 nm||SE|
|Palu||Thu 3:58 AM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Thu 3:58 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||E|
|Samarinda||Thu 3:58 AM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||WSW|
|Mamuju||Thu 3:58 AM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||SSW|
|Zamboanga City||Thu 3:58 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||N|
|Balikpapan||Thu 3:58 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SW|
|General Santos||Thu 3:58 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||NE|
|Kendari||Thu 3:58 AM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||SSE|
|Ternate||Thu 4:58 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.