Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 8:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.40 meters/second, 1617.8 km/hour, 1005.3 miles/hour or 873.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 19.0"||1005.18 mi||West||0° 11' 27.2"||13.12 mi||South||1005.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 34.1"||773.85 mi||East||4° 37' 50.6"||318.17 mi||South||836.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sangatta||Thu 4:08 AM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||SW|
|Palu||Thu 4:08 AM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SSE|
|Samarinda||Thu 4:08 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||SW|
|Balikpapan||Thu 4:08 AM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SW|
|Gorontalo||Thu 4:08 AM||480 km||299 miles||259 nm||ESE|
|Mamuju||Thu 4:08 AM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||S|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 4:08 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||NW|
|Kota Kinabalu||Thu 4:08 AM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||NW|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 4:08 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||NW|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 4:08 AM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.