Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 20:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.40 meters/second, 1617.9 km/hour, 1005.3 miles/hour or 873.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||south||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.9"||1005.19 mi||west||0° 11' 27.4"||13.12 mi||south||1005.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 41.3"||774.00 mi||east||4° 37' 52.3"||318.20 mi||south||836.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sangatta||Thu 4:18 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||SE|
|Samarinda||Thu 4:18 AM||257 km||159 miles||139 nm||SSE|
|Balikpapan||Thu 4:18 AM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||S|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 4:18 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||NNW|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 4:18 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||NNW|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 4:18 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||NW|
|Miri||Thu 4:18 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||NW|
|Kota Kinabalu||Thu 4:18 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||N|
|Palu||Thu 4:18 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||SE|
|Palangka Raya||Thu 3:18 AM||521 km||323 miles||281 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.