Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 8:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.40 meters/second, 1617.9 km/hour, 1005.3 miles/hour or 873.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.9"||1005.19 mi||West||0° 11' 27.4"||13.12 mi||South||1005.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 41.3"||774.00 mi||East||4° 37' 52.3"||318.20 mi||South||836.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sangatta||Thu 4:18 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||SE|
|Samarinda||Thu 4:18 AM||257 km||159 miles||139 nm||SSE|
|Balikpapan||Thu 4:18 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||S|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 4:18 AM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||NNW|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 4:18 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||NNW|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 4:18 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||NW|
|Miri||Thu 4:18 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||NW|
|Kota Kinabalu||Thu 4:18 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||N|
|Palu||Thu 4:18 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||SE|
|Palangka Raya||Thu 3:18 AM||521 km||323 miles||281 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.