Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.41 meters/second, 1617.9 km/hour, 1005.3 miles/hour or 873.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.4"||1005.28 mi||west||0° 11' 27.7"||13.13 mi||south||1005.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 53.4"||774.31 mi||east||4° 37' 55.4"||318.28 mi||south||837.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuching||Thu 4:34 AM||223 km||139 miles||120 nm||W|
|Miri||Thu 4:34 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Thu 3:34 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||WSW|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 4:34 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNE|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 4:34 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||NE|
|Palangka Raya||Thu 3:34 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||SSE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 4:34 AM||464 km||288 miles||250 nm||NE|
|Samarinda||Thu 4:34 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||ESE|
|Balikpapan||Thu 4:34 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||ESE|
|Banjarmasin||Thu 4:34 AM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.