Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.41 meters/second, 1617.9 km/hour, 1005.3 miles/hour or 873.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.6"||1005.21 mi||West||0° 11' 27.7"||13.12 mi||South||1005.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 52.5"||774.24 mi||East||4° 37' 55.1"||318.26 mi||South||837.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuching||Thu 4:34 AM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||W|
|Miri||Thu 4:34 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||NNE|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 4:34 AM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Thu 3:34 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||WSW|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 4:34 AM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NNE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 4:34 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||NE|
|Palangka Raya||Thu 3:34 AM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||SSE|
|Samarinda||Thu 4:34 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||ESE|
|Balikpapan||Thu 4:34 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||SE|
|Banjarmasin||Thu 4:34 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.