Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.45 meters/second, 1618.0 km/hour, 1005.4 miles/hour or 873.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.0"||1005.29 mi||West||0° 11' 28.9"||13.15 mi||South||1005.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 44.6"||775.33 mi||East||4° 38' 06.8"||318.48 mi||South||838.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Banda Aceh||Thu 4:46 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||N|
|Medan||Thu 4:46 AM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||ENE|
|Pematangsiantar||Thu 4:46 AM||464 km||289 miles||251 nm||ENE|
|Padang||Thu 4:46 AM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||ESE|
|Ipoh||Thu 5:46 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 5:46 AM||751 km||466 miles||405 nm||ENE|
|Hat Yai||Thu 4:46 AM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||NE|
|Johor Bahru||Thu 5:46 AM||957 km||594 miles||517 nm||E|
|Singapore||Thu 5:46 AM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||E|
|Bengkulu||Thu 4:46 AM||979 km||608 miles||528 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.