Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.52 meters/second, 1618.3 km/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.8"||1005.44 mi||West||0° 11' 32.7"||13.22 mi||South||1005.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 17.9"||779.63 mi||East||4° 38' 34.1"||319.00 mi||South||841.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mbarara||Thu 5:18 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||SE|
|Ruhengeri||Thu 4:18 AM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||S|
|Goma||Thu 4:18 AM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||S|
|Kigali||Thu 4:18 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||SSE|
|Gitarama||Thu 4:18 AM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||S|
|Rwamagana||Thu 4:18 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||SSE|
|Bukavu||Thu 4:18 AM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||S|
|Butare||Thu 4:18 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||S|
|Entebbe||Thu 5:18 AM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||E|
|Kampala||Thu 5:18 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.