Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.52 meters/second, 1618.3 km/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.7"||1005.44 mi||West||0° 11' 32.8"||13.22 mi||South||1005.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 26.1"||779.79 mi||East||4° 38' 34.7"||319.01 mi||South||842.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kisangani||Thu 4:28 AM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||W|
|Goma||Thu 4:28 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||SE|
|Ruhengeri||Thu 4:28 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||SE|
|Bukavu||Thu 4:28 AM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||SSE|
|Gitarama||Thu 4:28 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||SE|
|Mbarara||Thu 5:28 AM||444 km||276 miles||239 nm||ESE|
|Kigali||Thu 4:28 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||SE|
|Butare||Thu 4:28 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||SE|
|Yambio||Thu 5:28 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||NNE|
|Rwamagana||Thu 4:28 AM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.