Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.52 meters/second, 1618.3 kilometres/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.5"||1005.44 mi||West||0° 11' 32.8"||13.22 mi||South||1005.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 31.2"||779.89 mi||East||4° 38' 35.0"||319.02 mi||South||842.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kisangani||Thu 4:34 AM||22 km||13 miles||12 nm||W|
|Goma||Thu 4:34 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||ESE|
|Bukavu||Thu 4:34 AM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||SE|
|Ruhengeri||Thu 4:34 AM||523 km||325 miles||283 nm||ESE|
|Obo||Thu 3:34 AM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||NNE|
|Yambio||Thu 5:34 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||NE|
|Gitarama||Thu 4:34 AM||564 km||351 miles||305 nm||ESE|
|Kigali||Thu 4:34 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||ESE|
|Butare||Thu 4:34 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||SE|
|Mbarara||Thu 5:34 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.