Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 3:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.52 meters/second, 1618.3 kilometres/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 09.0"||1005.44 mi||West||0° 11' 33.5"||13.24 mi||South||1005.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 20.3"||780.85 mi||East||4° 38' 37.1"||319.06 mi||South||842.91 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Aconibe||Thu 4:32 AM||115 km||71 miles||62 nm||NNW|
|Mongomo||Thu 4:32 AM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||N|
|Evinayong||Thu 4:32 AM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||NW|
|Ebebiyín||Thu 4:32 AM||201 km||125 miles||108 nm||N|
|Libreville||Thu 4:32 AM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||W|
|Bata||Thu 4:32 AM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||NW|
|Port-Gentil||Thu 4:32 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||WSW|
|Franceville||Thu 4:32 AM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||SE|
|Yaoundé||Thu 4:32 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||N|
|Douala||Thu 4:32 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.