Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 7:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 07:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.47 meters/second, 1618.1 km/hour, 1005.4 miles/hour or 873.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 03.2"||1005.32 mi||West||0° 11' 35.6"||13.28 mi||South||1005.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 33.9"||784.57 mi||East||4° 38' 34.7"||319.02 mi||South||845.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Thu 4:08 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||SE|
|Belém||Thu 4:08 AM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||W|
|Recife||Thu 4:08 AM||1087 km||676 miles||587 nm||SE|
|Cayenne||Thu 4:08 AM||1390 km||864 miles||751 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Thu 4:08 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||S|
|Paramaribo||Thu 4:08 AM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Thu 5:08 AM||1868 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Thu 3:08 AM||2066 km||1284 miles||1115 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Thu 3:08 AM||2140 km||1330 miles||1155 nm||W|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Thu 5:08 AM||2513 km||1561 miles||1357 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.