Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 8:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 08:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.43 meters/second, 1618.0 km/hour, 1005.4 miles/hour or 873.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 01.1"||1005.25 mi||West||0° 11' 36.1"||13.29 mi||South||1005.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 40.2"||785.82 mi||East||4° 38' 30.3"||318.93 mi||South||846.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manaus||Thu 4:18 AM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||SW|
|Santarém||Thu 5:18 AM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||ESE|
|Boa Vista||Thu 4:18 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Thu 5:18 AM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||N|
|Linden||Thu 4:18 AM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||N|
|New Amsterdam||Thu 4:18 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||N|
|Paramaribo||Thu 5:18 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||NNE|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Thu 5:18 AM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||NNE|
|Georgetown||Thu 4:18 AM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||N|
|Cayenne||Thu 5:18 AM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.