Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 9:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 09:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.41 meters/second, 1617.9 km/hour, 1005.3 miles/hour or 873.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.5"||1005.19 mi||West||0° 11' 36.5"||13.29 mi||South||1005.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 28.6"||786.72 mi||East||4° 38' 25.9"||318.85 mi||South||847.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mitú||Thu 4:08 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||N|
|Iquitos||Thu 4:08 AM||487 km||302 miles||263 nm||SW|
|Florencia||Thu 4:08 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||WNW|
|Villavicencio||Thu 4:08 AM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||NW|
|Bogota||Thu 4:08 AM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||NW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Thu 4:38 AM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||NNE|
|Cali||Thu 4:08 AM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||WNW|
|Quito||Thu 4:08 AM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||W|
|Medellin||Thu 4:08 AM||986 km||613 miles||533 nm||NW|
|Cuenca||Thu 4:08 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.