Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 1:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 13:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.18 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.4"||1004.68 mi||West||0° 11' 37.7"||13.32 mi||South||1004.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 16.0"||791.99 mi||East||4° 37' 44.8"||318.07 mi||South||851.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 4:18 AM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Thu 3:48 AM||2173 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:48 AM||2201 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Thu 5:48 AM||2723 km||1692 miles||1470 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:48 AM||3216 km||1998 miles||1736 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:48 AM||3344 km||2078 miles||1806 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:48 AM||3787 km||2353 miles||2045 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 3:48 AM||3967 km||2465 miles||2142 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 2:48 AM||3989 km||2479 miles||2154 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 8:48 AM||4147 km||2577 miles||2239 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.