Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.16 meters/second, 1617.0 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.7"||1004.64 mi||West||0° 11' 37.7"||13.32 mi||South||1004.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 37.6"||792.38 mi||East||4° 37' 40.8"||318.00 mi||South||852.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 4:38 AM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:08 AM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Thu 4:08 AM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:08 AM||2844 km||1767 miles||1536 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Thu 6:08 AM||2918 km||1813 miles||1576 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:08 AM||3034 km||1885 miles||1638 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:08 AM||3265 km||2029 miles||1763 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:08 AM||3467 km||2155 miles||1872 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 3:08 AM||3532 km||2195 miles||1907 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:08 AM||3764 km||2339 miles||2032 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.