Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 14:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.14 meters/second, 1616.9 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.0"||1004.59 mi||West||0° 11' 37.8"||13.32 mi||South||1004.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 59.4"||792.77 mi||East||4° 37' 36.5"||317.92 mi||South||852.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:28 AM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Thu 4:28 AM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:28 AM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:28 AM||2749 km||1708 miles||1484 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:28 AM||2789 km||1733 miles||1506 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:28 AM||2980 km||1852 miles||1609 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 3:28 AM||3097 km||1925 miles||1673 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Thu 6:28 AM||3187 km||1980 miles||1721 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:28 AM||3226 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:28 AM||3685 km||2290 miles||1990 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.