Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 14:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 14:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.14 meters/second, 1616.9 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.0"||1004.58 mi||west||0° 11' 37.8"||13.32 mi||south||1004.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 03.9"||792.85 mi||east||4° 37' 35.7"||317.90 mi||south||852.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:32 AM||1060 km||659 miles||572 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Thu 4:32 AM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:32 AM||2473 km||1537 miles||1335 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:32 AM||2650 km||1646 miles||1431 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:32 AM||2750 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:32 AM||2884 km||1792 miles||1557 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 3:32 AM||3014 km||1873 miles||1627 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:32 AM||3119 km||1938 miles||1684 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Thu 6:32 AM||3248 km||2018 miles||1754 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:32 AM||3599 km||2236 miles||1943 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.