Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.11 meters/second, 1616.8 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 48.1"||1004.52 mi||West||0° 11' 37.8"||13.32 mi||South||1004.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 32.4"||793.36 mi||East||4° 37' 29.9"||317.79 mi||South||852.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:58 AM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Thu 4:58 AM||1825 km||1134 miles||986 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:58 AM||1993 km||1239 miles||1076 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:58 AM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:58 AM||2287 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:58 AM||2421 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 3:58 AM||2514 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:58 AM||2586 km||1607 miles||1396 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:58 AM||2971 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:58 AM||3070 km||1908 miles||1658 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.