Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 3:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 15:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.08 meters/second, 1616.7 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.1"||1004.45 mi||West||0° 11' 37.8"||13.32 mi||South||1004.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 58.9"||793.83 mi||East||4° 37' 24.5"||317.69 mi||South||853.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 5:22 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:22 AM||1428 km||888 miles||771 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:22 AM||1779 km||1105 miles||961 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 5:22 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 5:22 AM||2107 km||1309 miles||1137 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 5:22 AM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||S|
|Alofi||Thu 4:22 AM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:22 AM||2349 km||1460 miles||1269 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 5:22 AM||2591 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Fri 4:22 AM||2646 km||1644 miles||1429 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.