Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 3:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 15:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.04 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.5 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.8"||1004.36 mi||West||0° 11' 37.9"||13.32 mi||South||1004.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 39.0"||794.55 mi||East||4° 37' 15.7"||317.52 mi||South||853.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Fri 4:58 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 4:58 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:58 AM||831 km||517 miles||449 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:58 AM||833 km||517 miles||450 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 5:58 AM||1328 km||825 miles||717 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 5:58 AM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:58 AM||1455 km||904 miles||786 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 4:58 AM||1880 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:58 AM||2001 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 4:58 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1189 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.