Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 4:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 16:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.03 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.5"||1004.33 mi||West||0° 11' 37.9"||13.32 mi||South||1004.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 50.4"||794.75 mi||East||4° 37' 13.1"||317.47 mi||South||853.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Fri 5:08 AM||80 km||49 miles||43 nm||S|
|Rawaki||Fri 5:08 AM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:08 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||WNW|
|Howland Island||Thu 4:08 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||WNW|
|Atafu||Fri 5:08 AM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:08 AM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:08 AM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Fri 6:08 AM||1298 km||806 miles||701 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:08 AM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Fri 4:08 AM||1738 km||1080 miles||939 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.