Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 6:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 18:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.79 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.0"||1003.81 mi||West||0° 11' 37.7"||13.32 mi||South||1003.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 07.0"||798.21 mi||East||4° 36' 24.6"||316.55 mi||South||856.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lae||Fri 4:58 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||S|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 4:58 AM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:58 AM||707 km||439 miles||381 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:58 AM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||S|
|Arawa||Fri 4:58 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||ESE|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:58 AM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||W|
|Cairns||Fri 4:58 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||S|
|Honiara||Fri 5:58 AM||1612 km||1002 miles||870 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Fri 5:58 AM||1625 km||1010 miles||878 nm||NE|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:58 AM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.