Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 7:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 19:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.78 meters/second, 1615.6 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.7"||1003.77 mi||West||0° 11' 37.7"||13.32 mi||South||1003.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 19.0"||798.42 mi||East||4° 36' 21.4"||316.49 mi||South||856.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Fri 5:08 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Fri 4:08 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||W|
|Lae||Fri 5:08 AM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 5:08 AM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Fri 4:08 AM||1193 km||742 miles||644 nm||W|
|Cairns||Fri 5:08 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Fri 4:08 AM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||NW|
|Hagåtña||Fri 5:08 AM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||N|
|Palikir||Fri 6:08 AM||1840 km||1143 miles||994 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Fri 6:08 AM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.