Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 7:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 19:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.70 meters/second, 1615.3 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.7"||1003.60 mi||West||0° 11' 37.5"||13.31 mi||South||1003.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 18.9"||799.46 mi||East||4° 36' 04.6"||316.17 mi||South||857.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Fri 4:58 AM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||NE|
|Ambon||Fri 4:58 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||W|
|Sofifi||Fri 4:58 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||NW|
|Ternate||Fri 4:58 AM||699 km||434 miles||378 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Fri 4:58 AM||910 km||565 miles||491 nm||E|
|Baucau||Fri 4:58 AM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||SW|
|Manado||Fri 3:58 AM||981 km||609 miles||530 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Fri 4:58 AM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||SW|
|Same||Fri 4:58 AM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Fri 5:28 AM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.