Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 8:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 20:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.60 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 34.2"||1003.38 mi||West||0° 11' 37.3"||13.31 mi||South||1003.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 32.0"||800.72 mi||East||4° 35' 43.3"||315.77 mi||South||858.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mamuju||Fri 4:58 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||ENE|
|Rantepao||Fri 4:58 AM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||E|
|Balikpapan||Fri 4:58 AM||236 km||147 miles||127 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 4:58 AM||281 km||174 miles||151 nm||SSE|
|Samarinda||Fri 4:58 AM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||NNW|
|Palu||Fri 4:58 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||NE|
|Banjarmasin||Fri 4:58 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||W|
|Palangka Raya||Fri 3:58 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||WNW|
|Kendari||Fri 4:58 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||ESE|
|Raba||Fri 4:58 AM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.