Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 20:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 20:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.60 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 34.1"||1003.38 mi||west||0° 11' 37.3"||13.31 mi||south||1003.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 33.4"||800.75 mi||east||4° 35' 42.9"||315.76 mi||south||858.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mamuju||Fri 4:58 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||ENE|
|Balikpapan||Fri 4:58 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||NNW|
|Rantepao||Fri 4:58 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||E|
|Samarinda||Fri 4:58 AM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 4:58 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||SE|
|Palu||Fri 4:58 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||NE|
|Banjarmasin||Fri 4:58 AM||351 km||218 miles||189 nm||W|
|Palangka Raya||Fri 3:58 AM||434 km||269 miles||234 nm||WNW|
|Kendari||Fri 4:58 AM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||ESE|
|Raba||Fri 4:58 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.