Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 9:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 21:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.59 meters/second, 1614.9 kilometres/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.9"||1003.34 mi||West||0° 11' 37.3"||13.31 mi||South||1003.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 44.3"||800.94 mi||East||4° 35' 39.6"||315.70 mi||South||858.51 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Banjarmasin||Fri 5:08 AM||114 km||71 miles||61 nm||WSW|
|Palangka Raya||Fri 4:08 AM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||WNW|
|Balikpapan||Fri 5:08 AM||247 km||154 miles||134 nm||NE|
|Samarinda||Fri 5:08 AM||332 km||207 miles||179 nm||NNE|
|Mamuju||Fri 5:08 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||E|
|Makassar||Fri 5:08 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||ESE|
|Palu||Fri 5:08 AM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Fri 4:08 AM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||SW|
|Singaraja||Fri 5:08 AM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||S|
|Mataram||Fri 5:08 AM||612 km||381 miles||331 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.