Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 9:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 21:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.57 meters/second, 1614.9 kilometres/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 872.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.5"||1003.30 mi||West||0° 11' 37.1"||13.31 mi||South||1003.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 56.7"||801.15 mi||East||4° 35' 35.8"||315.63 mi||South||858.67 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palangka Raya||Fri 4:18 AM||130 km||81 miles||70 nm||NE|
|Banjarmasin||Fri 5:18 AM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||E|
|Ketapang||Fri 4:18 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||WNW|
|Balikpapan||Fri 5:18 AM||460 km||286 miles||249 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Fri 4:18 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||S|
|Kudus||Fri 4:18 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||SSW|
|Semarang||Fri 4:18 AM||527 km||327 miles||285 nm||SW|
|Samarinda||Fri 5:18 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||ENE|
|Madiun||Fri 4:18 AM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||SSW|
|Kediri||Fri 4:18 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.