Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.55 meters/second, 1614.8 km/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.8"||1003.25 mi||West||0° 11' 37.1"||13.31 mi||South||1003.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 14.1"||801.45 mi||East||4° 35' 30.6"||315.52 mi||South||858.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pontianak||Fri 4:32 AM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||N|
|Pekalongan||Fri 4:32 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||S|
|Cirebon||Fri 4:32 AM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||SSW|
|Tegal||Fri 4:32 AM||418 km||259 miles||225 nm||S|
|Pangkal Pinang||Fri 4:32 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||WNW|
|Kudus||Fri 4:32 AM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||SSE|
|Semarang||Fri 4:32 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||S|
|Bekasi||Fri 4:32 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SW|
|Jakarta||Fri 4:32 AM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||SW|
|Palangka Raya||Fri 4:32 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.