Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 9:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 21:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.50 meters/second, 1614.6 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.7"||1003.15 mi||West||0° 11' 37.1"||13.30 mi||South||1003.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 46.5"||802.00 mi||East||4° 35' 20.5"||315.33 mi||South||859.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palembang||Fri 4:58 AM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||E|
|Bengkulu||Fri 4:58 AM||149 km||92 miles||80 nm||WSW|
|Jambi||Fri 4:58 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||N|
|Bandar Lampung||Fri 4:58 AM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SE|
|Pangkal Pinang||Fri 4:58 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||ENE|
|Padang||Fri 4:58 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NW|
|Serang||Fri 4:58 AM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||SE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Fri 4:58 AM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||NNE|
|Pekanbaru||Fri 4:58 AM||473 km||294 miles||256 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Fri 4:58 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.