Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.48 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.4"||1003.11 mi||West||0° 11' 37.0"||13.30 mi||South||1003.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 59.0"||802.22 mi||East||4° 35' 16.7"||315.26 mi||South||859.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bengkulu||Fri 5:08 AM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||ESE|
|Padang||Fri 5:08 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||NNW|
|Jambi||Fri 5:08 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Fri 5:08 AM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||E|
|Pekanbaru||Fri 5:08 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||N|
|Bandar Lampung||Fri 5:08 AM||523 km||325 miles||283 nm||ESE|
|Pangkal Pinang||Fri 5:08 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Fri 6:08 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||NNE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Fri 5:08 AM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||NE|
|Johor Bahru||Fri 6:08 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.