Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 2:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 02:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.92 meters/second, 1612.5 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.0"||1001.85 mi||West||0° 11' 34.9"||13.26 mi||South||1001.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 04.1"||808.40 mi||East||4° 33' 09.8"||312.85 mi||South||863.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mwanza||Fri 5:48 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||NNW|
|Ruyigi||Fri 4:48 AM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||WNW|
|Dodoma||Fri 5:48 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||SE|
|Muyinga||Fri 4:48 AM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||WNW|
|Rutana||Fri 4:48 AM||366 km||227 miles||198 nm||W|
|Gitega||Fri 4:48 AM||381 km||236 miles||206 nm||WNW|
|Arusha||Fri 5:48 AM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||ENE|
|Rwamagana||Fri 4:48 AM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||NW|
|Ngozi||Fri 4:48 AM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||WNW|
|Butare||Fri 4:48 AM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.