Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 3:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 03:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.86 meters/second, 1612.3 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.6"||1001.70 mi||West||0° 11' 34.6"||13.26 mi||South||1001.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 44.7"||809.08 mi||East||4° 32' 54.4"||312.55 mi||South||864.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kindu||Fri 5:18 AM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||N|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Fri 5:18 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||SW|
|Bukavu||Fri 5:18 AM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||ENE|
|Bujumbura||Fri 5:18 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||ENE|
|Rutana||Fri 5:18 AM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||E|
|Gitega||Fri 5:18 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||ENE|
|Ngozi||Fri 5:18 AM||449 km||279 miles||243 nm||ENE|
|Butare||Fri 5:18 AM||453 km||281 miles||244 nm||ENE|
|Goma||Fri 5:18 AM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||NE|
|Ruyigi||Fri 5:18 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.