Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 3:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 03:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.79 meters/second, 1612.0 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.1"||1001.54 mi||West||0° 11' 34.3"||13.25 mi||South||1001.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 25.9"||809.76 mi||East||4° 32' 38.5"||312.25 mi||South||864.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandundu||Fri 4:48 AM||192 km||119 miles||103 nm||NW|
|Tshikapa||Fri 5:48 AM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||SE|
|Kinshasa||Fri 4:48 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||W|
|Brazzaville||Fri 4:48 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||W|
|Mbandaka||Fri 4:48 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||N|
|Lucapa||Fri 4:48 AM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||SSE|
|Uíge||Fri 4:48 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||SW|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Fri 5:48 AM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||ESE|
|Malanje||Fri 4:48 AM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||SSW|
|Franceville||Fri 4:48 AM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.