Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 4:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 04:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.62 meters/second, 1611.4 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.9"||1001.17 mi||West||0° 11' 33.6"||13.24 mi||South||1001.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 02.8"||811.37 mi||East||4° 31' 59.9"||311.52 mi||South||865.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Fri 4:58 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||NE|
|Port-Gentil||Fri 5:58 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||ENE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Fri 4:58 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Fri 5:58 AM||1012 km||629 miles||547 nm||ENE|
|Accra||Fri 4:58 AM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||NNW|
|Lome||Fri 4:58 AM||1186 km||737 miles||641 nm||N|
|Malabo||Fri 5:58 AM||1204 km||748 miles||650 nm||NE|
|Porto Novo||Fri 5:58 AM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||N|
|Lagos||Fri 5:58 AM||1232 km||766 miles||665 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Fri 4:58 AM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.