Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 06:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.45 meters/second, 1610.8 km/hour, 1000.9 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.5"||1000.78 mi||West||0° 11' 32.7"||13.22 mi||South||1000.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 41.4"||813.00 mi||East||4° 31' 19.2"||310.75 mi||South||867.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Monrovia||Fri 6:08 AM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Fri 6:08 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||N|
|Conakry||Fri 6:08 AM||1591 km||988 miles||859 nm||N|
|Jamestown||Fri 6:08 AM||1603 km||996 miles||866 nm||SE|
|Abidjan||Fri 6:08 AM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 6:08 AM||1688 km||1049 miles||912 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Fri 6:08 AM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||N|
|Accra||Fri 6:08 AM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||NE|
|Banjul||Fri 6:08 AM||2025 km||1258 miles||1094 nm||N|
|Bamako||Fri 6:08 AM||2085 km||1295 miles||1126 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.