Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 7:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 07:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.19 meters/second, 1609.9 kilometres/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.4"||1000.20 mi||West||0° 11' 31.3"||13.20 mi||South||1000.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 05.2"||815.36 mi||East||4° 30' 17.6"||309.57 mi||South||868.68 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Fri 4:48 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNE|
|Sobral||Fri 4:48 AM||195 km||121 miles||106 nm||NW|
|Mossoró||Fri 4:48 AM||220 km||136 miles||119 nm||E|
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Fri 4:48 AM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||S|
|Natal||Fri 4:48 AM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||E|
|Recife||Fri 4:48 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SE|
|Maceió||Fri 4:48 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||SE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 5:48 AM||778 km||484 miles||420 nm||E|
|Salvador||Fri 4:48 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||S|
|Belém||Fri 4:48 AM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.