Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 8:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 08:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.08 meters/second, 1609.5 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.3"||999.96 mi||West||0° 11' 30.7"||13.18 mi||South||999.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 03.8"||816.31 mi||East||4° 29' 51.7"||309.08 mi||South||869.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Araguaína *||Fri 6:28 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||SSE|
|São Félix do Xingu||Fri 5:28 AM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Fri 5:28 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||N|
|Brasilia *||Fri 6:28 AM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||S|
|Fortaleza||Fri 5:28 AM||1175 km||730 miles||635 nm||E|
|Cayenne||Fri 5:28 AM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||NNW|
|Manaus||Fri 4:28 AM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Fri 5:28 AM||1403 km||872 miles||758 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Fri 5:28 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||SE|
|Recife||Fri 5:28 AM||1590 km||988 miles||859 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.