Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 8:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 08:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.00 meters/second, 1609.2 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.9"||999.78 mi||West||0° 11' 30.3"||13.18 mi||South||999.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 47.9"||817.03 mi||East||4° 29' 31.8"||308.70 mi||South||869.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santarém||Fri 5:58 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||NNE|
|Manaus||Fri 4:58 AM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||WNW|
|São Félix do Xingu||Fri 5:58 AM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||ESE|
|Belém||Fri 5:58 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||ENE|
|Cayenne||Fri 5:58 AM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||NNE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 5:58 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||N|
|Georgetown||Fri 4:58 AM||1362 km||846 miles||735 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Fri 4:58 AM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 6:58 AM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||SE|
|La Paz||Fri 4:58 AM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.