Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 09:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.97 meters/second, 1609.1 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.3"||999.71 mi||West||0° 11' 30.1"||13.17 mi||South||999.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 02.8"||817.27 mi||East||4° 29' 25.1"||308.58 mi||South||869.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manaus||Fri 5:08 AM||292 km||181 miles||157 nm||NNW|
|Santarém||Fri 6:08 AM||549 km||341 miles||297 nm||NE|
|Porto Velho||Fri 5:08 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||WSW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 5:08 AM||1129 km||701 miles||610 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Fri 6:08 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||ENE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 6:08 AM||1299 km||807 miles||701 nm||NNE|
|Cayenne||Fri 6:08 AM||1342 km||834 miles||724 nm||NNE|
|Georgetown||Fri 5:08 AM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||N|
|La Paz||Fri 5:08 AM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 7:08 AM||1649 km||1024 miles||890 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.