Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 09:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.95 meters/second, 1609.0 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.8"||999.65 mi||West||0° 11' 30.0"||13.17 mi||South||999.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 17.7"||817.51 mi||East||4° 29' 18.3"||308.45 mi||South||870.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manicoré||Fri 5:18 AM||49 km||30 miles||26 nm||SSW|
|Manaus||Fri 5:18 AM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||NNE|
|Porto Velho||Fri 5:18 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||SW|
|Riberalta||Fri 5:18 AM||825 km||513 miles||446 nm||SW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 5:18 AM||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||SW|
|Georgetown||Fri 5:18 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||NNE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 6:18 AM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Fri 5:18 AM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Fri 6:18 AM||1470 km||914 miles||794 nm||ENE|
|Cayenne||Fri 6:18 AM||1503 km||934 miles||812 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.