Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 09:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.83 meters/second, 1608.6 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.7"||999.40 mi||West||0° 11' 29.3"||13.16 mi||South||999.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 17.4"||818.48 mi||East||4° 28' 50.8"||307.92 mi||South||870.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Eirunepé||Fri 5:58 AM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||SE|
|Tabatinga||Fri 5:58 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Fri 5:58 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||SSE|
|Cobija||Fri 5:58 AM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||SSE|
|Mitú||Fri 4:58 AM||754 km||469 miles||407 nm||N|
|Riberalta||Fri 5:58 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||SE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 4:58 AM||863 km||537 miles||466 nm||SSW|
|Loja||Fri 4:58 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||W|
|Florencia||Fri 4:58 AM||957 km||594 miles||516 nm||NW|
|Lima||Fri 4:58 AM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.