Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 10:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 10:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.81 meters/second, 1608.5 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.1"||999.33 mi||West||0° 11' 29.1"||13.15 mi||South||999.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 32.3"||818.72 mi||East||4° 28' 44.0"||307.79 mi||South||870.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Iquitos||Fri 5:08 AM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||N|
|Cruzeiro do Sul||Fri 6:08 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||SSE|
|Trujillo||Fri 5:08 AM||703 km||437 miles||380 nm||WSW|
|Cuenca||Fri 5:08 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||WNW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 6:08 AM||767 km||477 miles||414 nm||SE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 5:08 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||WNW|
|Lima||Fri 5:08 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||SSW|
|Callao||Fri 5:08 AM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||SSW|
|Quito||Fri 5:08 AM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||NW|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 5:08 AM||842 km||523 miles||454 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.