Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 12:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 12:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.45 meters/second, 1607.2 km/hour, 998.7 miles/hour or 867.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.8"||998.54 mi||West||0° 11' 27.0"||13.11 mi||South||998.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 35.0"||821.66 mi||East||4° 27' 16.7"||306.13 mi||South||872.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 6:08 AM||1510 km||938 miles||815 nm||ENE|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:08 AM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||SSW|
|Guayaquil||Fri 7:08 AM||2514 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||E|
|Acapulco||Fri 6:08 AM||2537 km||1576 miles||1370 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Fri 6:08 AM||2608 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 6:08 AM||2616 km||1625 miles||1412 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Fri 6:08 AM||2671 km||1660 miles||1442 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 6:08 AM||2672 km||1660 miles||1443 nm||NE|
|Quito||Fri 7:08 AM||2710 km||1684 miles||1464 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 6:08 AM||2770 km||1721 miles||1496 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.