Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 12:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.35 meters/second, 1606.9 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.9"||998.32 mi||West||0° 11' 26.4"||13.10 mi||South||998.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 24.5"||822.46 mi||East||4° 26' 52.5"||305.67 mi||South||873.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:40 AM||2328 km||1446 miles||1257 nm||S|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 6:40 AM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:40 AM||3005 km||1867 miles||1623 nm||SW|
|Mexico City||Fri 6:40 AM||3059 km||1901 miles||1652 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 6:40 AM||3135 km||1948 miles||1693 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 6:40 AM||3169 km||1969 miles||1711 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 6:40 AM||3308 km||2055 miles||1786 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 6:40 AM||3360 km||2088 miles||1814 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 6:40 AM||3372 km||2095 miles||1821 nm||ENE|
|Belmopan||Fri 6:40 AM||3476 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.