Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 1:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 13:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.14 meters/second, 1606.1 km/hour, 998.0 miles/hour or 867.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.3"||997.84 mi||West||0° 11' 25.0"||13.08 mi||South||997.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 10.7"||824.15 mi||East||4° 25' 59.3"||304.66 mi||South||874.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 5:48 AM||2116 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 3:48 AM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 8:48 AM||2929 km||1820 miles||1581 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:48 AM||3552 km||2207 miles||1918 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:48 AM||3955 km||2458 miles||2136 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 7:48 AM||4126 km||2564 miles||2228 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 7:48 AM||4132 km||2567 miles||2231 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Fri 6:48 AM||4247 km||2639 miles||2293 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 5:48 AM||4545 km||2824 miles||2454 nm||N|
|Guatemala||Fri 7:48 AM||4586 km||2849 miles||2476 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.